Digital Marketing SIG
Topic: How to turn your website into revenue
Facilitator: Allison Chaney, entrepreneur and digital marketing expert
We will cover:
The importance of engaging with a professional for web development and optimization including:
1. What to look for in a professional (questions to ask, credentials, experience, red flags)
2. Why DIY sites are a bad idea (WIX, Weebly, etc.) and share examples (I have data to prove how these sites kill your organic search traffic)
SEO Basics – Explain the 3 legged stool approach (a balance of technical, content, and link earning)
How to integrate SEO into your marketing strategy including:
1. Marketing works best when it’s holistic, not just one tactic
2. Consider SEO, paid media, social media, traditional media, email, website, mobile apps, etc. What makes sense for your business and how to decide?
Measure ROI – critical to success *This is the point where it turns into revenue!
1. How to identify Key Performance Indicators (what you measure)
2. How to measure success
3. How to align your marketing strategy and tactics with your business objectives (everything you do must align with your goals, or else why would you do it?)
Facilitator: Allison Chaney, entrepreneur and digital marketing expert, has worked in digital marketing for over 17 years. In May 2014, Bare Knuckle was acquired by Red212, an integrated marketing company that was spun off from Procter & Gamble in 2001. Passionate about digital marketing, Allison services a wide variety of clientele and is excited by the fast evolving nature of the digital world. Adhering to a strict code of ethics, she also enjoys generating success for all of her clients and bringing them a positive return on their investment through integrated digital strategies, including ethical search engine optimization, content strategy, website development, and social networking.
About this SIG: We have an especially robust and active Community of Digital Marketers in Cincinnati, highly engaged in AMA Cincinnati’s Shared Interest Group (SIG). Together we explore today’s Digital Marketing environment, including internet marketing, online advertising, web design and website development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), mobile marketing, and social media.