Digital Marketing SIG
Topic: Confessions of a Traffic Manager: 6 Practical Tips For Improving Process and Capacity Planning
Facilitator: Francis Tao, Founder, SAWA
Francis Tao held the position of Marketing Traffic Manager on the Communications team at International Justice Mission, Washington DC. IJM is the largest anti-slavery organization in the world, with 23 global offices. His role could best be described as the air traffic controller for all creative communication campaigns.
Very few non-profits have the budget to support a Traffic Manager position — someone to coordinate realistic deadlines, manage processes, and protect against scope creep — but it is a resource many wished they had. This talk will share the challenges and learnings during his time in that role. Challenges such as:
- “How do I address our capacity, scheduling, and collaboration pain points?”
- “I’m often stuck between upholding our brand standards, and empowering colleagues to tell our story.”
The session would include real life examples that address:
- How to empower program teams while ensuring brand consistency
- How to be a storytelling resource for the organization, without being a crutch
- Create time for your own campaigns under a mountain of requests
- Creating processes that people follow
- Scheduling, capacity estimating, and making room for unforeseen needs
Francis is currently founder of SAWA.ai, an automated graphic design platform working out of Cincinnati.
About this SIG: We have an especially robust and active Community of Digital Marketers in Cincinnati, highly engaged in AMA Cincinnati’s Shared Interest Group (SIG). Together we explore today’s Digital Marketing environment, including internet marketing, online advertising, web design and website development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), mobile marketing, and social media.
Thanks to our partners!