AMA Cincinnati Pledge
We Believe Marketing is for Everyone.
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that proactively celebrates different backgrounds and perspectives. We see it as our responsibility to facilitate an open dialogue, educate our constituents, and provide the tools and resources needed to feel empowered at work and as leaders. Our pledge starts with using our platform to listen with empathy to the voices of our community.
We See You. We Hear You. We Welcome You.
We believe marketing has the power to make a difference. As innovators, strategizers, ambassadors, and storytellers, we shape narratives that communicate value, create meaning, and establish societal norms.
We recognize that there is inequity in our marketing community and organization and that we can do more to address these gaps. While we’ve made some progress, there has been far too much still left unsaid and undone. The inaction and silence in the past have resulted in unintended hurt, exclusion, and harm in ways that we cannot measure, but we are committed to rectifying this and ensuring that our efforts are sustainable and far-reaching. Going forward, we will use our platform to better help individuals and companies support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry, beginning with amplifying the voices of our black, brown, and indigenous communities (BIPOC).
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a chapter of the American Marketing Association and as marketers representing a diverse set of industries and disciplines, we commit to:
- Recruiting and retaining BIPOC representation within our board of directors, leadership teams, volunteers, and membership.
- Increasing BIPOC representation throughout our products and services, thought leadership, campaigns, programming, and distribution networks.
- Building a pipeline of marketers that reflect the demographics of the populations we serve.
- Partnering with organizations that value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Further educating ourselves as to the plight of racial injustice and will use our platform to facilitate courageous conversations that promote anti-bias and anti-racism within the marketing community.
Together, we will use the power of our collective voices to outline the roles marketers can play in standing for and delivering on inclusion; the ideals, values, and principles that promote equality, respect, and unity.
Watch for more coming soon… Better yet, contact us to get involved in co-creating the change!