DEI In Your Workplace, Organizations, and Communities – Virtual Panel & Discussion
In our communities and organizations, long overdue conversations are being held surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace.
“Years of chasing the ‘multicultural,’ ‘total market,’ and ‘diversity’ buzzwords have not fostered a commitment to embody the lived experiences of the African-American audience,” wrote Steve Stoute, founder and CEO of Brooklyn-based marketing and advertising agency Translation, in an open letter to the Association of National Advertisers. “Hence, when hard times fall upon us, discerning a way to authentically relate gets very hard. But, that dynamic can be changed in strategic ways.” (FORTUNE)
The stark lack of representation of Black, indigenous, and people of color not only in advertising and media, but on corporate boards and creative teams that produce the marketing we see and often celebrate is not new in our industry or in the Cincinnati region, yet many of the conversations taking place in light of the tragic deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Riah Milton, Dominique “Rem’mie” Fells and many more can change the norm.
AMA Cincinnati aims to take this time and make the space where fellow marketers inside and outside our region can hear different perspectives, share their lived experiences concerning DEI in our industry, and have productive conversations around how we can all further DEI initiatives where we work and serve.
Our hope is that this conversation inspires, enlightens, and provides next steps for you and your communities.
- Kim “Kimfer” Flanery-Rye | Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Culture Consultant | VP, DEI, American Marketing Association Puget Sound
- Justin M. Gibson, Sr., MBA, CDP | Associate Director of Diversity Outreach and Engagement, University of Cincinnati Alumni Association | CASE District V Chair, Opportunity & Inclusion
- Damon Jones, PRC | Vice President, Burke Inc. | Diversity and Education Committee, Great Lakes Chapter, Insights Association
- 5:30 – 5:45: Check In (log into zoom)
- 5:45 – 7:00: DEI Panel Discussion
- 7:00 – 7:30: Q&A
Note this is a virtual meeting. When you register, you will receive a link to participate in the online event.
Do you have a question for the panel?
We have set up a survey to allow you to post questions prior to the discussion.
All submissions are anonymous. Questions will be addressed during the discussion or the open Q&A section at the end.