Marketing Research Community
Topic: How GDPR’s New Rules Affects your Company
Facilitator: Marc Macaluso
The world has now been driven by Europe to provide the strongest data protection regulations in history. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on May 25, 2018, and has modernized the rules that companies must play by going forward. These regulations help protect the personal information of individuals.
GDPR OUTLINE (the basics):
- What is GDPR?
- What did GDPR replace?
- Is my company/startup/charity going to be impacted?
- So, what’s different?
- What are the accountability and compliance issues?
- Who has access to your data?
- What are the GDPR fines?
- What should we do to comply?
- What if we don’t comply from day one?
GDPR Regulations (given interest/need):
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
- Overview, Protection of personal data, Terms relating to the processing of personal data
- General processing
- Law enforcement processing
- Intelligence services processing
- The Information Commissioner
- Supplementary and final provision
- History of Data Protection
- Who’s in charge of the regulations?
- How does GDPR impact me?
About this Community: Forum for marketers and marketing researchers to network and discuss innovation, marketing research trends, and methodologies. Meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of the month.
Thanks to our partners: