The Value of Getting Involved
AMA Cincinnati runs like a business, thanks to our dedicated volunteers and partners alike who help us in all of the ways possible to run like a business. Our volunteers come from a variety of roles, organizations and life stages, bringing with them different skills, perspectives, attitudes and experiences that ultimately help our chapter be better. But it’s far from “what you do for us” – getting directly involved as a volunteer can open doors for you. The more you participate, the more you gain. And we have volunteer roles at all levels of commitment from periodic to ongoing.
Why Join a Committee
Demonstrate your expertise, build credibility, work directly with hiring managers and high-potential candidates. ONLY MEMBERS have the chance to get directly involved in leading, executing and innovating one of the most respected AMA chapters in the country. Committee involvement usually requires 1-3 hours a week (but can be less or more as your need, interest and availability dictate), and we are happy to work with you directly to identify or even create just the right role and level of involvement.
Committees give each member volunteer a forum to demonstrate their individual talents and skills, learn new skills, and lend a hand where they can add the most value. Most Committees meet regularly, often in a social setting, and our volunteers consistently rank among the most satisfied and engaged in our member surveys.
There’s something for everyone, and we’ll make room on any committee for you. Just let us know what you want to learn, practice, or lead and we’ll go from there!
Chapter Leadership & Administration / Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) / Marketing Communications / Marketing Research & Analysis / Member Engagement / Member Recruitment & Inclusion / Partnership & Sponsorship Development / Pinnacle Awards / Programming – Communities / Programming – Executive Marketers & CMOs / Programming – Trailblazer Events / Programming – Workshops / Programming – Collegiate & YP Networking / Technology & Innovation
Calling all creative minds! Are you the Content King or Queen who knows how to turn a phrase? Great with graphics? How about our fellow WordPress users? ? Savvy with Marketing Automation, CRM, Lead/Demand Gen and Social Media?
Need: writers, designers, nurture campaign pros, digital and social media mavens
Commitment: 1-3 hours/week
Benefits: Promote Chapter events and yourself at the same time, gain followers on Social Media, gain experience with WordPress or marketing automation working with Cerkl, build a portfolio of blog content, interact with top speakers and star volunteers, show off your skills or gain new ones
Contact: VP Marcom
Are you a highly-connected business development professional or business owner? Would you relish the chance at a great “excuse” to make new connections with successful businesses in and around Cincinnati?
Need: Established professionals (sales experience a plus) to assist with prospecting and/or account management for partners to support chapter needs and events
Commitment: 2-3 hours/week
Benefits: Grow professional network, enhance selling skills, add to your industry network and resources
Contact: VP Partnerships
Always wanted to rub elbows with the movers and shakers in our industry? Or are you a leader who can help us find other captains of our industry?
- Content carnivores and/or deeply connected industry pros who can help source, vet and manage high-profile, high-impact speakers
- Event planners with logistics experience
- Creative individuals to help position and promote innovative and engaging programming
- Extroverts who are able to attend events and serve as greeters, networking facilitators and AMA enthusiasts
Commitment: 1-3 hours/week with some additional hours required closer to quarterly events
Benefits: Access to industry gurus, high-profile events, skill/resume building, and exposure to chapter leaders and all other committees
Contact: VP Trailblazer Series
Seeking both the young and also the experienced marketers! We want to put you two together to make beautiful marketing music…
Have fun while you learn, grow, and show your skills!
- Innovate, execute and promote fun social events with some professional development elements
- Generate conversations that support professional development and genuine connections
- Embrace and expand DEI initiatives
- Work with local higher education institutions to cultivate and grow the collegiate/mentoring program
- Mentors to share experience and advice with those new to the industry and hungry to learn
- Some responsibilities can be done from the comfort of your desk, laptop, tablet or even smartphone
Commitment: 1-2 hours/week
Contact: VP YP & Collegiate Networking
Attention bright, outgoing and creative marketing utility players and HR recruiters! Hone your skills and build your network!
- People experienced in and/or passionate about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- A few folks to help us identify, recruit and place volunteers in fulfilling roles across the chapter
- Community involvement pros or enthusiasts to innovate and develop programming around mentorship, outreach and community impact
- Potential leaders to learn the ropes and bring your skills to the chapter and potentially the board
Commitment: Averages a few hours a month in attending AMA chapter events and networking with attendees to promote engagement and/or to interact with the committee on logistics, etc.
Benefits: Low time commitment with high impact, professional networking opportunities
Contact: VP Recruitment & Inclusion
- Sales professionals and/or AMA enthusiasts to serve as event ambassadors, new member development and/or existing member engagement specialists
- Experience and contacts with corporate and/or agency marketing leaders helpful but not required
- Extraverts who are able to attend events and serve as greeters, networking facilitators, and AMA enthusiasts
- Experience in Salesforce.com helpful but not required
Commitment: 1-2 hours a week on activities like direct outreach, attending AMA chapter events and networking with attendees to promote engagement
- Low-time commitment ambassador roles add purpose and opportunity to already valuable event participation
- Professional networking opportunities
- Opportunity to gain expertise in Salesforce.com
Contact: VP Membership Engagement
Are you a technology whiz looking to use or learn or integrate new marketing tools? Exercise your integrations muscles while helping out the chapter?
Need: Volunteers to provide hands-on assistance with CRM tools, marketing automation, analytics and website support
Commitment: 1-2 hours/week
Benefits: Learn and enhance skills with marketing tech such as WordPress, Cerkl, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Eventbrite
Contact: VP Technology & Innovation
Is event planning your secret super power? Put it to work for AMA Cincinnati to help innovate, plan, promote and execute major chapter events, specifically our Volunteer Appreciation (April), Annual Pinnacle Awards (October), and Holiday Party (December).
- Event planners with logistics experience and venue/resource and/or high-profile/celebrity contacts
- Creative individuals to help design, position and promote innovative and engaging programming
- Award/Nomination program expertise, including collecting and evaluating entries
Commitment: 1-3 hours/week with some additional hours required closer to events
Benefits: Exposure within AMA chapter and across the broader Marketing Community, learn and enhance event planning skills, and innovate for impact and FUN!
Contact: VP Pinnacle
Want to claim your ideal spot? Open to whatever we need most? Don’t see the exact right role, or not sure what is the right fit? We are here to create opportunities and align resources. Fill out a volunteer form with your interests and we will contact you asap!