The Job Transition Shared Interest Group is abundant with opportunities to network with local marketers and recruiters that benefit all who attend.
By: Pat Frew
In the past year, the Job Transition Group has sporadically hosted Human Resource professionals representing leading companies seeking marketing, sales and public relations professionals in their workforce. These organizations have included Paycor, Ohio National Financial Services, Eric Mower and Associates, Northlich, and Curiosity 360. The purpose of inviting recruiters is two-fold:
- To provide valuable information to SIG participants that may be seeking employment at that company
- To give recruiters a higher comfort level in considering candidates recommended by the transition group
Participants in the AMA Job Transition Group were treated to guest speaker Amy Goodman, Division Director of the Creative Group at the SIG’s July meeting. The Creative Group, specializes in placing freelance and contract to hire creative, marketing, digital, PR and advertising professionals in the Cincinnati region. Amy offered three main pieces of advice for job seekers looking to approach the Creative Group or like-minded creative organizations:
- Use your network wisely. If you see someone you know at a company you are interested, try utilizing them as a reference or have them refer you to the hiring manager.
- Update your summary on LinkedIn. It’s the first thing people see when they glance at your profile. Make LinkedIn your friend and have it work for you!
- Check typos in resumes. Simple but timeless. Typos and errors are killers for hiring managers.
If you find yourself in job transition in the sales, marketing or public relations arena or are considering a job change, you can meet up with the Job Transition SIG. Meet times are:
Fourth Wednesday of each month (excludes December)
Towers of Kenwood
8044 Montgomery Road, large conference room next to Skip’s Deli
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
We are pleased to welcome LPK Talent Acquisition Manager Steve Bowling at the next Job Transition SIG on Aug. 24, 2016.